Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quilts for Bébé

As a hoarder of many things, yarn being one of them, and fabric being another, I was excited to be using some of my cherished fabrics for something special for bébé. 

I started with an adult-sized lap quilt (roughly 45" X 70") but after it was finished, my husband said "OMG, that is HUGE!".    So, I thought I'd make something smaller (roughly 35" X 45").

For the larger quilt, I used "Love U" by Deb Strain for Moda Fabrics (now discontinued). 
  • The front used 1 layer cake (40 X 10" squares)
  • The back used roughly 1.5 charm packs (42 X 5" squares) and lots of ivory for the stacked coin design
  • The binding was a multi-color dot fabric.
 
For the smaller quilt,
  • The front used 2 charm packs from "It's a Hoot" by Momo for Moda Fabrics (now discontinued)
  • The back used a large dot fabric from Michael Miller, plus some leftover fabrics for the monogram (yes, we know the name will start with the letter "C")
  • The binding is a pink plaid leftover from another project.
  • I just love all the colours!

No comments: