Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bébé Cardigans II

I love cardigans for babies. They are easy to put on, and the sizing is more flexible.

Otto Day Cardigan

This was from a free pattern and while it looked great in the pattern, the finished one was short and stout and not particularly flattering. Cassidy only wore it a couple times before it became too small.

I used 2 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in lavender.
Notes from Ravelry here.

Note: This cardigan has since been frogged and knit into something else! 

EZ February Sweater

All of Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns are part cryptic, part suspect but always brilliant. Used about 300 meters of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (this was from one of those huge balls, not the little skeins). I had fun selecting the buttons (from BabyVille).
Notes from Ravelry here.

EZ Baby Surprise Jacket

After making one of these in worsted weight yarn, for some reason I thought making one in fingering weight would be a good idea. What was I thinking?  I used Zwerger Garn Opan Regenwald sock yarn and it was WAY too small. Especially since C was born 7 lbs 11 oz, she was already too big for this sweater!
Notes from Ravelry here.

Definitely to be frogged, I might make this into a dress tunic or something...Hmmm... the possibilities!

No comments: