Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Tables Runners, Placemats & Mug Rugs

I had a lot of charm squares in my stash that were originally planned for baby blankets... but years later, there are fewer babies and the fabric prints are not that "baby"-like anyway.

They are now runners and placemats/mug rugs!

Neptune, by Tula Pink for Moda Fabrics

From a 34 square charm pack, I just stitched 2 rows of 17 squares.  It's long and skinny but colorful and happy. The backing is a blue damask pattern and the binding looks like fish scales.
ODYSSEA, by Momo for Moda Fabrics 

This charm pack had 42 charms.  The runner is 3 rows of 12 charm squares, with a red fish backing. The placemats used 3 charm squares for each of the 4 placemats.  I didn't have enough charm squares so had to cut out some extras from the red fish backing and from Neptune's fish scales print, which I also used for the placemat top. The placemats also feature a red fish backing.
Oh Cherry Oh by Moda Fabrics 

From a 39 charm square pack, I stitched 3 rows of 13 charm squares.  I found the cherry backing in a sale bin but it was a tad short so I added a few inches of red.  However, my stitching was really crooked, hence the added ribbon to hide the flaws!
Wonderland by Momo for Moda Fabrics *All Scraps!!*

I used this fabric to make 2 baby quilts but had some beautiful scraps left over. Being inspired by the whimsical decor in Basho Cafe, I made these for Sister C. I was able to make a mini skinny runner and 6 mug rugs.  The mini skinny runner features a forest pattern on one side and fun polka dots on the other side. Three mug rugs also feature the forest pattern, and three mug rugs have the fun polka dots. On the other side of the mug rugs, there are random patches from the cheater panel.
 
I have a few more packs of charm squares...

No comments: